What's a UDID?
Your device (e.g. iPhone) has a unique identifier called a UDID. Your UDID allows us to activate that device so it can run iOS beta software. Nothing malicious can be done by knowing your UDID so it is perfectly safe.
Where's my UDID?
Please note: Using an app to find your UDID will give you an invalid UDID (beginning FFFF). This method was stopped by Apple a few years ago. Please use one of these methods to obtain your UDID.
Method 1: Using your device
- Click here in Safari on your device. Other browsers won't work.
- Visit this page in Safari on your device. Other browsers won't work.
- Install the temporary profile.
- You will be redirected back to our website and your UDID will be filled in.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Privacy.
- Scroll down to highlight "Share Apple TV Analytics".
- Click the Play/Pause button on your remote and choose "Add Profile".
- Enter this URL (using your own email address): tv.iosreg.com/[email protected]
- Click "Done" and follow the prompts to install the temporary profile.
- Check your email for your Apple TV UDID.
Method 2: Using iTunes
Visit this website for an animation that's simple to follow.
What if I have an Apple Watch?
- Download Xcode for free using the Mac App Store.
- Plug in your iPhone and make sure your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone.
- Click "Window" in the top bar, then "Devices".
- Select your iPhone on the left and then you will see your Apple Watch information.
- Copy and paste your Apple Watch's UDID.